Created in July 2015, JCPSForward has become a strategic, intentional teacher-led effort to identify and connect the educators in JCPS that are deeply impacting teaching and learning. In 2 years, JCPSForward has helped bring Twitter chats (#JCPSchat), the #ECET2Lou conference, and EdCampJCPS to the district in order to connect, engage and inspire educators in Louisville.
The newly created JCPSForward blog series is another step in the teacher-led movement to inspire, connect and spark conversation among our district’s educators. Over the next 6 months, there will be new posts added to the JCPSForward blog every 2-3 days by the 9 inaugural JCPSForward bloggers. They will be blogging about topics that are in the forefront of education and our district…anything from the new science standards, to teacher self-care, to cultural competency and everything in between.
The #ForwardBloggers are:
- Rachel Klein--7th Grade ELA Teacher, Meyzeek Middle School
- Donna Neary–ESL Teacher, Iroquois High School
- Jazmine Anderson--9th/10th Grade ELA Teacher, Butler Traditional High School
- Chelsea Haynes–6th Grade Science Teacher, Newburgh Middle School
- Shannon Stone–Goal Clarity Coach, Johnsontown Road Elementary School
- Jodi Meier–ECE Teacher, Breckinridge/Franklin Elementary School
- Randi Skaggs–6th Grade ELA Teacher, Farnsley Middle School
- Marcia Carmichael-Murphy–Resource Teacher, Fern Creek High School
- Bryan Morrison–5th Grade Teacher, Watson Lane Elementary School
We hope that you’ll read, comment on, and share the JCPS Forward posts and get in on the conversation! Have a post of your own you’d like to submit? Fill out this form and someone from our team will be in touch!
Kelsey Hayes & Noah Klein
JCPSForward Blog Leads